Jan 4, 2022
On today's show, Shray asks Deepak about how to make sense of
the past two years in the markets, macroeconomics, and the seeming
irrationality of it all. They also talk about how to look at the
- 2021 bad year with all the lives lost, but it happened to be
good for markets with the number of IPOs at an all-time high
- NIFTY returned approximately 23% and has been positive for the
6th consecutive year
- India being top-heavy, from the income distribution standpoint
caused the kid of market outcomes we saw
- Small firms got hit the most, and that may not be sustainable
in the long run
- Markets don't care about death and destruction for sure. But
what moves the market?
- We've normalized, letting go of our freedoms, and irrationality
could be the new normal.
- Inflation could actually be a function of supply than
- If the market didn't go down in these pandemic years. How can
we make any event-based predictions?
- The boom in startup funding. Has equity become cheaper than
Read more at https://capitalmind.in